Meet the Hard-Working Admins of The Petulant Poetess
The administrators on The Petulant Poetess are authors or editors in real life, on this site or out in the Real World. They are also accredited betas and have passed intensive training here, behind the scenes. Nearly every single admin has experienced posting a story to an archive other than The Petulant Poetess. It is through this collective experience that we fine-tune our service to you, the posting author. We know what it is like to be asked to make corrections, and yes, we even know what it is like to have a story rejected.
The admins work diligently with English grammar and punctuation rules, both American and British, to provide solid and consistent direction and guidance to all authors posting to the queue. Being as consistent as possible is important for our newer authors who are still developing grammatically. This should not scare away the more seasoned writer who is well-acquainted with the rules of English grammar and punctuation, as we strive to work with these authors in order to have a plethora of well-written stories that will inspire our less experienced writers.
The current administrators of The Petulant Poetess are listed below. Feel free to link through to their profiles and see what they have written and contact them via the Contact link if you like.
The Petulant Poetess supports the scheme set by Perfect Imagination and encourages all admins be accredited by their standards.
- astopperindeath (P.I. Accredited), Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- Bardsdaughter (P.I. Accredited), Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- baylor713 (P.I. Accredited), Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- BrenaMarie, Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects Office
- Clairvoyant (P.I. Accredited), Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- Dreamy_Dragon, Department of Magical Games and Sports
- juniperus (P.I. Accredited), Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office
- karelia (P.I. Accredited), Minister of Magic
- linlawless, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- lyn_f (P.I. Accredited), Department of Magical Law Enforcement
- Meladara, Department of Magical Games and Sports
- nagandsev, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- notsosaintly, Site Owner and Webmistress
- Pennfana (P.I. Accredited), Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- Robison Rocket (P.I. Accredited), Department of Magical Law Enforcement
- silverdoe, Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects Office
- teaoli, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
- WriterMerrin (P.I. Accredited), Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Since the site's inception, the software has been regularly modified and optimized and continues to undergo improvements to this date. Because of this, the software has become something more of an original creation, using Rebecca Smallwood's eFiction 1.1 as a foundation—a program without which this site would never have been born.
As of October 1, 2005 the programming had been individualized to a point that it was given an official name: eFic Pandemonium. eFic Pandemonium is a program that is exclusive to The Petulant Poetess. Other sites may incorporate similar ideas, but the program files have never been and will never be shared with anyone else.
A note from NotSoSaintly, owner and progenitor of The Petulant Poetess:
I created this site not only for myself, since writing fanfiction has become a hobby of sorts, but for all the authors and readers out there who wanted a moderated fanfiction website on which to post and read where the admins were communicative and helpful.
My initial goal in offering this site was to help writers learn how to grow in their craft. Many writers, myself included, are using and have used fanfiction as a way to practice and try different techniques before submitting short stories and novels to publishers out in the "real world." Therefore, I felt it was essential that the admins who volunteered their time on this site be as helpful and encouraging as possible in order to guide these writers on to loftier goals.
The other thing I hoped to accomplish was to offer a friendly place for more seasoned writers to post. These stories serve as inspiration for the novice and intermediate writer, driving them to strengthen their skills.
The Poetess skin was the original skin, the site's "birthday suit," if you will. I have been asked occasionally if I do indeed have pink hair, most times jokingly. The answer is a resounding "no," I do not. Oddly enough, I have come to identify with that picture, as I have come to identify with The Petulant Poetess as "my baby." The Poetess, Professor, Goblet and GraphicLite skins and color schemes were created with PhotoShop and CSS coding. TarahFae, authoress and artiste extraordinaire, created the graphics and color scheme for the Patronus skin at my request (and a lot of begging). TarahFae was more than happy to do it for me (I think), and I have set Patronus as my personal skin and have not changed it to this day. Thank you, TarahFae, for giving The Petulant Poetess something to always remember you by! More skins may appear in the future as time and creativity allows.
I say this often, but I believe I cannot say this enough: my door is always open. If you have a complaint, a comment or a suggestion, there are several ways to contact either myself or one of the staff. We have the Forums, the link for which may be found in the menu at the top of every page. We have The Petulant Poetess Yahoo Group where you can chat with others and share favorite stories and review and discuss stories you've read. We also have The Petulant Poetess LiveJournal Community open to everyone where story updates will be posted as well as other site events. If you prefer private correspondence, visit the Help Page and contact the Help Desk. Someone will answer your question within 24 hours.